Gandhi Jayanti 2021
– PC : My Result Plus
Mahatma Gandhi was the leader of the Indian national movement who raised his voice against British rule by following the path of non-violence. He has also gained international fame for his principle of non-violent protest. There is no doubt that Mahatma Gandhi was a major political and spiritual leader of India and the Indian independence movement.
Know the Fact: Mahatma Gandhi was given the title of Mahatma by Rabindranath Tagore and the title of Gurudev was given to Rabindranath Tagore by Mahatma Gandhi.
Why is Gandhi Jayanti celebrated?
Mahatma Gandhi’s full name is Mohandas Karam Chand Gandhi and he was born on October 2, 1869, in Porbandar, Gujarat. He is also addressed as the Father of the Nation, Bapu. Mahatma Gandhi was the person who fought throughout his life against the British for the independence of India. His goal was to build a new society through non-violence, honest and clean practices. He used to say that non-violence is a philosophy, a principle and an experience on the basis of which it is possible to build a better society. According to him, every person living in the society should get equal status and rights irrespective of their gender, religion, colour or caste.
In India and across the world, Mahatma Gandhi is admired as the best ideal for living a simple life, with simplicity and dedication. His principles have been adopted by the whole world. His life is an inspiration in itself. That is why Gandhi Jayanti is celebrated as a national holiday on his birthday i.e. on 2nd October.
Below we’ve mentioned questions and answers asked in various competitive exams related to Mahatma Gandhi. The questions are from Mahatma Gandhi’s personal life, movements, publications, etc.
General Knowledge Questions of Mahatma Gandhi:
- Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi was born on which date?
Answer: 2nd October 1869.
- At which place was Mahatma Gandhi born?
- When was Mahatma Gandhi called to the Bar and turned into a full-fledged barrister?
Answer: June 10, 1891.
- Mahatma Gandhi had how many children?
- What was the age of Mahatma Gandhi when he gave his first public speech?
Answer: 25 years.
- How many times was Mahatma Gandhi jailed?
- What is Gandhiji’s father’s Name?
Answer: Karamchand Gandhi.
- What was the age of Gandhiji when he married Kasturba Kapadia?
Answer: 13 years
- Who is the political guru of Mahatma Gandhi?
Answer: Gopal Krishna Gokhale
- Which newspapers was published by Mahatma Gandhi?
Answer: Navjeevan, Harijan, Young India
Answer: Youngest child
- During the Non-Cooperation Movement, which award did Gandhiji return?
- When did Mahatma Gandhi return to India from South Africa?
- The date on which – Irwin Pact was signed?
Answer: March 5, 1931
- When Gandhi Ji was arrested during the ‘Quit India Movement’ of 1942?
Answer: 9th August 1942
- In late 1919, Gandhiji became the editor of two publications. Which publication?
Answer: Navjivan and Young India
- Which place did Mahatma Gandhi start his first Satyagraha in India?
“Freedom is meaningless if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes” – Mahatma Gandhi